Woot! Just found out I’ll be speaking at WordCamp Montreal on June 39/30.
My talk this year will be about Multilingual WordPress again, but more at a developer level (but beginner) this year:
In this session I will share some practical tips and tricks I have learned while setting up multilingual sites.
We will look at things like:
- Quick tricks for installing WordPress language files on exisitng sites.
- How to deal with a plugin that has been internationalized, but is not localized for your language. (and do it so it’s upgrade proof)
- What to do when an internationalized plugin has no text domain.
- Some usefull backend plugins for managing sites and language files.
- How to create splash pages for a language choice.
Prerequisites: Knowledge of PHP, and WordPress action hooks and filters.
Hope to see you there!